Apple unveiled iBooks 2 at the special media event earlier today and is now available in the App Store.
Apple aims to reinvent textbooks with iBooks 2 by bringing a new textbook experience for the iPad.
iBooks 2 includes the following new features:
- Experience gorgeous Multi-Touch textbooks designed for iPad
- iBooks textbooks are filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, and videos
- Tap to dive into images with interactive captions, rotate 3D objects, swipe through image galleries, watch videos in full screen, and more
- Use a finger as a highlighter when swiping over text in a textbook
- Take advantage of Study Cards to help you memorize important highlights, notes, and glossary terms
- Tap glossary terms to see definitions of key topics and concepts without leaving the page
The iBookstore offers textbooks on Algebra, Biology, Chemistry, Geometry, and Physics from McGraw-Hill and Pearson.
The textbooks are currently available to customers in the US.
You can download iBooks app from the App Store using this link.