Couple of days back, a full-assembled dummy iPhone 5 unit was caught on camera at IFA 2012.
The Verge has managed to track down the same dummy unit and has posted a hands-on video, which provides a much better idea of what the new iPhone will look like if the rumors turn out to be true.
The iPhone 5 mockup reveals the following changes:
- Two-tone back panel with the central portion made of metal and the remaining portion made of glass
- Taller 4-inch display, but the overall increase in the height of the new iPhone has been minimized by shrinking the top and bottom margins
- It has the rumored smaller dock connector
- The position of the headphone jack has moved from the top to the bottom, next to the speakers
- The speakers grills have been redesigned
- The front facing camera has moved above the earpiece (it is currently to left of the earpiece in iPhone 4S and iPhone 4)
- There appears to be a new opening between the camera lens and the camera flash in the physical mockup. Apple may be planning to move the second microphone to the back for improved audio capture during video recording.
The Verge also notes that the case manufacturers are very confident of the new design and already started volume production of cases for the next generation iPhone based on this physical mockup. They’re planning to ship them to retailers this week.
[via The Verge]