Facebook’s all-new News Reading iPhone app Paper is a really well-designed and highly-polished app for browsing through stories from your friends. But the app is strangely only available in the US. In this post, we tell you how to download and install Facebook Paper outside the US.
There are two options, one is to change your existing iTunes account’s region to the US, and the other is to create an all-new US account.
To change your current account’s region to the US, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad, and tap on the Featured section
- Scroll down to the bottom, and tap on the button with your Apple ID
- An alert should pop up, tap on “View Apple ID” (you might have to enter your password) and you’ll see various account settings
- Tap on the “Country/Region” setting, and select the US.
- Note that if you have pending iTunes account credits, an iTunes Match subscription or an incomplete iTunes Pass, you won’t be able to switch. In that case, you can follow the next option.
Create a new US iTunes account
For creating a new US account:
- Sign out from your current account, and open iTunes Store in the iTunes desktop app.
- Scroll to the bottom, and click on the circular country flag.
- This should bring up the option to change the region. Select United States from here.
- Now follow the instructions in this post to create an iTunes account without a Credit Card.
Once you’re done, you can download Facebook Paper from the link below.