Have you been prompted to install a Carrier Settings update on your Verizon iPhone 5? You’re not alone, as it looks like Apple has just released a Carrier update for Verizon iPhone 5 to fix an issue where cellular data was being used while connected to a Wi-Fi network.
The Carrier update will change the Verizon carrier settings version from 13.0 to 13.1.
To install the update, follow these simple instructions:
- Tap Settings > General > About.
- Wait for the following alert to appear: (top right)
- Tap OK to install the update.
- Hold the Sleep/Wake button down until you see “slide to power off”.
- Slide to power off.
- After the device powers off, hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn your phone back on.
After your iPhone 5 restarts, launch the Settings app and navigate to General -> About to confirm that it displays Verizon 13.1 next to Carrier.
At the moment, the carrier update seems to be issued only for Verizon iPhone 5. It’s not clear under which circumstances the Verizon iPhone 5 was using cellular data while on a Wi-Fi network. We’ll let you know as soon as we get more details.
Let us know how it goes in the comments.