Apple today released iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 for all compatible iPhones and iPads. The latest point release of iOS 13 is probably the last major release of the OS as Apple will now start focus on iOS 14 full-fledged ahead of its announcement in June at WWDC 2020.
iOS 13.4 finally brings iCloud Folder Sharing, a feature that Apple had first unveiled when it announced iOS 13 at WWDC 2019 last year. It also fixes an annoyance with the toolbar in the Mail app by changing the location of the delete icon. Other notable changes in iOS 13.4 include trackpad support, native mouse support, new Memoji stickers, and more.
Apart from the new features and enhancements though, iOS 13.4 also fixes a number of bugs that should please a lot of users who have been frustrated with the poor stability of the OS since its release. iPad users will like the new keyboard shortcuts that iPadOS 13.4 includes for the Photos app. The shortcuts will let you switch between tabs, search through your photo library, and more.
You can go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4. Check out our post if you need help on how to download and install iOS 13.4 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
The full release notes of iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 can be found below:
- Nine new Memoji stickers, including Smiling Face with Hearts, Hands Pressed Together and Party Face
- iCloud Drive folder sharing from the Files app
- Controls to limit access only to people you explicitly invite or grant access to anyone with the folder link
- Permissions to choose who can make changes and upload files and who can only view and download files
- Always-visible controls to delete, move, reply to or compose a message in conversation view
- Responses to encrypted emails are automatically encrypted when you have configured S/MIME
App Store with Apple Arcade
- Universal Purchase support enables the use of a singular purchase of a participating app across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV
- Recently played Arcade games appear in the Arcade tab so you can continue playing on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV
- List view for See All Games
- Third-party navigation app support for the CarPlay Dashboard
- In-call information appears on the CarPlay Dashboard
- AR Quick Look supports audio playback in USDZ files
- Predictive typing support for Arabic
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
Adds status bar indicator to display when VPN has disconnected on iPhone models with all-screen displays
Fixes an issue in Camera where the viewfinder may appear as a black screen after launch
Addresses an issue where Photos may appear to use excess storage
Resolves an issue in Photos that may prevent sharing an image to Messages if iMessage is disabled
Fixes an issue in Mail where messages may appear out of order
Addresses an issue in Mail where the conversation list may display empty rows
Resolves an issue where Mail may crash when tapping the Share button in Quick Look
Fixes an issue in Settings where mobile data may incorrectly display as off
Addresses an issue in Safari where web pages may not be inverted when both Dark Mode and Smart Invert are active
Resolves an issue where text copied from web content may appear invisible when pasted when Dark Mode is active
Fixes an issue in Safari where a CAPTCHA tile may display incorrectly
Addresses an issue where Reminders may not issue new notifications for an overdue recurring reminder until it is marked as completed
Resolves an issue where Reminders may send notifications for completed reminders
Fixes an issue where iCloud Drive appears to be available in Pages, Numbers and Keynote even when not signed in
Addresses an issue in Apple Music where music videos may not stream in high quality
Resolves an issue where CarPlay may lose its connection in certain vehicles
Fixes an issue in CarPlay where the view in Maps may move away briefly from the current area
Addresses an issue in the Home app where tapping an activity notification from a security camera may open a different recording
Resolves an issue where Shortcuts may not appear when tapping the Share menu from a screenshot
Improves the Burmese keyboard so punctuation symbols are now accessible from numbers and symbols
Check out our post on what’s new in iOS 13.4 for more details.
Noticed any other changes in iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4? Comment below and let us know!