Find out how to set up and use your Apple Watch to control your Apple TV using the step-by-step guide below.
To use Remote, make sure your iPhone and Apple TV are on the same Wi-Fi network, and log in to Home Sharing on your iPhone and iTunes or Apple TV with the same Apple ID.
The Remote app comes preinstalled on the Apple Watch, so you don’t need to install it from the App Store.
- Press the Digital Crown to go to the home screen on your Apple Watch.
- Tap on the Remote app icon on your Apple Watch to launch it.
- Tap on the + button to add a new device.
- Next, navigate to Settings from the main menu, then choose General, then Remotes.
- Select your Apple Watch from the list under iOS Remotes.
- Then enter the passcode displayed at the top.
That’s it, your Apple Watch should now be paired with your Apple TV. Tap on the Apple TV icon to start using your Apple Watch to control your Apple TV.
You can use the Remote app on the Apple Watch to control Apple TV using simple gestures. Use the screen of your Apple Watch just as you would a trackpad. Swipe left and right between menu options, then tap when you find the item you’re looking for.
As always, let us know how it goes in the comments.