Electra jailbreak for iOS 11.3.1 – iOS 11.2 is finally here. We are delighted to inform you that coolstar has released the much-awaited update for Electra Jailbreak tool to jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 – iOS 11.2.
He has released two versions of the Electra Jailbreak:
- Uses multipath tcp exploit but requires an Apple Developer Account. It is supposed to have a higher success rate.
- Uses vfs exploit but doesn’t require an Apple Developer account.
Coolstar had first released the Electra Jailbreak tool earlier in the year which supported iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2.
Electra iOS 11.3.1 is also a semi-tethered jailbreak that makes use of the iOS 11.3.1 kernel exploit. A semi-untethered jailbreak is similar to an untethered jailbreak, it gives the ability to reboot your iOS device on its own. On each boot, the iOS device startup sequence is unmodified and it boots into its original, non-jailbroken state. However, instead of needing to use a tool from a computer to re-jailbreak the iOS device again, like a tethered or semi-tethered cases, the user can re-jailbreak their device with the help of an app running on the iOS device such as the Electra app in case of Electra jailbreak.
Electra Jailbreak now supports all iOS 11 versions except for iOS 11.4 and iOS 11.4.1 which is currently in beta. So it supports iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1, iOS 11.2.5, iOS 11.2.6, iOS 11.3 and iOS 11.3.1.
It supports all iOS 11 compatible iOS devices such as:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 2nd generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 1st generation 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad
- 5th generation, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6G
Electra JjailbreakiOS 11.3.1 – iOS 11.2 also includes Cydia so it should make it easier to install jailbreak apps and tweaks. However, please check if they are compatible with iOS 11.3.1 before installing them to prevent running reboot loop issues that could force to restore your iOS device.
Coolstar has also provided the following important information, which you should check before using the tool:
- On iOS 11.3-11.3.1, the device will reboot twice and Electra will need to be re-run after the first reboot
- An APFS snapshot is created of / so you may revert it at a later date if needed
- It is recommended to futurerestore if you have blobs before running Electra to ensure the best possible installation
- Cydia is included
- OpenSSH is running on port 22
- Electra repo added by default
- Substitute, Tweak Loader and Substrate Compatibility Layer available from Electra repo
- Many packages need to be updated for both Electra and iOS 11 (make sure they’re updated before installing as they may not work yet)
- RocketBootstrap 1.0.6 or higher is required for use on iOS 11
- Many apps, launch daemons and installation binaries are broken as they require entitlements to be added
You can download the Electra IPA from the official website. You will need to use Cydia Impactor to sideload the Electra IPA and then run the process to jailbreak your iOS device.
If you need help check out our easy to follow step-by-step jailbreak tutorial to jailbreak iOS 11.3 – iOS 11.2 using Electra Jailbreak on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. We would recommend waiting for the initial issues to be resolved before using the Electra jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 – iOS 11.2.
Check our post if the Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11.3.1 – iOS 11.2 is not working and you are not seeing Cydia on the Home screen after using the Electra Jailbreak app. We have some tips that have helped several readers.
coolstar and the Electra team have released updates to fix bugs and improve the success rate of the Electra Jailbreak:
Electra Jailbreak 1.0.2
- Use different bundle identifier for mptcp version
- Increment bundle id properly
- Hopefully, fix success rate regression with multipath 1.0.1
Electra Jailbreak 1.0.1
- Fix app icon not showing up for certain users
- Fix nonce Generator not being set certain times
If you do give it a shot, let us know how it goes. We will let you know as soon as there is an update about the iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak, so don’t forget to signup for our Daily Newsletter so you don’t miss the latest jailbreak news. Check out our iOS 11 – iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak FAQ if you’ve any questions.